Following the naming ceremony for the Royal Navy’s first Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carrier, which takes place on 4 July, Air Day 2014 has taken ‘Carrier Aviation’ as this year’s theme. Celebrating the triumphs of airborne assets deployed at sea since aviation’s earliest days, Air Day will host a large gathering of carrier-launched aircraft types. They include the Dassault Rafale M which has been in French Navy service since 2000. Equipped with a hardened airframe and toughened undercarriage, it is fast, extremely agile and able to simultaneously carry out air supremacy, interdiction and reconnaissance missions. The Rafale M is a definitive modern-day naval multirole combat aircraft.
The Dassault Falcon 10MER is based on the 1970s-era Falcon 10 business jet. Operational taskings for this aircraft, seven of which joined the French Navy between 1973 and 1983, include training, electronic countermeasures, communications and transport.
Other foreign air arms’ involvement in Air Day 2014 includes Belgium’s, Denmark’s and Jordan’s national display teams, the Belgian Air Component F-16 Solo Display and the Swiss Air Force F/A-18C Hornet Solo Display.
Tickets for Air Day can be booked online at www.royalnavy.mod.uk/yeovilton-airday at the discounted advance rates (until 21 July) or by calling 08445 781 781.
To be in with a chance to win just answer the following question:
Which French Naval fighter plane will be attending the 2014 Yeovilton Air Day?
To enter, email your forum username and answer to email@example.com with the subject ‘Yeovilton Comp’.
Terms & Conditions:
- 1. One emailed entry per person.
- 3. The competition ends midnight Sunday 6th July 2014.
- 4. The prize is for one pair of tickets to the yeovilton Airday 2014
- 5. No travel or accommodation is included in the prize.
- 6. The winner will be chosen at random by the AeroResource Staff after the closing date, and the winners details will be published on this website.
- 7. Aeroresource staff are NOT permitted to enter the competition.
- 8. The competition is open to all forum members of both FighterControl and CivilianAviation.
- 9. No alternative cash prize.