With thanks to the organisers, AeroResource are once again offering two lucky readers the chance to each win a pair of tickets to Yeovilton Air Day 2017!
Royal Naval Air Station Yeovilton, Somerset will open its gates on Saturday July 8th for the Royal Navy’s only official airshow of the year. This action-packed day out for all the family will once again feature thrilling flying displays showcasing the capability of the Fleet Air Arm both past and present. Whilst display acts are still very much being announced, those on the lineup already include two foreign participants in the Swiss Air Force display team Patrouille Suisse and the return of the Belgian F-16 solo display. The RAF Aerobatic Team The Red Arrows and the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight with the Lancaster, Spitfire and Hurricane will also be attending whilst the Great War Display Team will fill the skies with a vast array of World War 1 era aircraft. Most recently announced was also the return of the Norwegian Air Force Historical Squadron’s MiG-15UTI.
Any additions will be added to the list in due course – you can keep an eye on new aircraft attending at the shows website – http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/yeovilton-airday . Announcements are also made via the shows social media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
There is plenty to see and do on the ground with numerous engineering hangars open allowing you to see various aircraft being worked on, the famous Fleet Air Arm Field Gun runs, military exhibitions and stalls galore. Whether you’re a wide-eyed first timer or a seasoned air show veteran, be prepared for an amazing day out!
If you’re looking for something extra from your Air Day experience then there are plenty of options for you to consider including hospitality packages, grandstand seating, helicopter pleasure flights and, for the enthusiast, the Friday arrivals day.
For a look back at last years show for a taster of what to expect, check out our own review of the event – RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2016
This competition has now ended and the winners will be contacted via email. Good Luck!
Tickets can be purchased in advance up until 3rd July – Adult (16+): £22, Child (5-15yrs): £7 (Admin and post Fee of £3 per transaction)
On the day tickets available – Adult (16+): £28, Child (5-15yrs):£10
Details of Enclosure and Hospitality packages to suit all needs and budgets are also available through the website – http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/Yeovilton-Airday
- Only one entry per person, by email or submission form as above. Multiple entries will be removed.
- The competition will end at midnight (BST) Sunday 2nd April 2017. All entries submitted after this date will be discounted
- No cash alternative
- No travel or accommodation is included in the prize
- There are two prizes of one pair of tickets to the RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2017
- Tickets will be supplied and dispatched by the Yeovilton Air Day Team prior to the show
- In the event of the Air Show being cancelled, no compensation will be given
- No staff members of CivilianAviation, FighterControl or AeroResource will be allowed to enter
- Email addresses and information submitted will not be used for any other purpose
- The winner will be contacted by email between 48-72 hours after competition close